Wednesday, February 29, 2012

VIGILANTE...CONTEST!

I had so much fun takin' back the streets last night that I was inspired to launch a new contest! I want to give an original drawing to one of my readers. I'm not talking about a print or some bullshit doodle on a piece of paper. I'm willing to let go of a framed original piece of art. There is a Frank Frazetta reference in William Lustig's VIGILANTE (1983). Specifically, there is a Frazetta poster clearly visible in one of the scenes. I somehow never noticed it before on VHS but on the big screen it was right in my face. For about 8 seconds. And then it was gone. Here is your mission, nerds: you must correctly identify the TITLE of the Frazetta poster that makes a brief appearance in the film. Be the first reader to post the correct answer as a comment below and win a grand fucking prize directly from yours truly. Contest ends at midnight on Friday March 2, 2012 so get busy!

3 comments:

Town Manager said...

The answer is: "Ghoul Queen," which is seen hanging on the wall in the bathroom during the scene where Robert Forster blows away Rico. Holy Sheeit.

Alex Yates said...

black panther

Dennis Dread said...

Town Manager: I'm so fucking proud of you that I'm weeping tears of joy all over my laptop! E-mail me your mailing address and expect a nice package next week.