Thursday, January 29, 2009

ARISE!

Amebix was absolutely epic in Seattle! I've waited years to see them and never really thought I would get the opportunity. Rob Miller, Stig, and Roy Mayorga (formerly of Nausea) hit the stage with 'Winter' and ran through a barrage of classics like 'The Darkest Hour', 'The Power Remains', 'Arise', 'Drink & Be Merry', 'I.C.B.M.', 'Axeman', 'Largactyl', 'Chain Reaction', and 'Coming Home'. And was that a tribal version of 'No Gods No Masters'? The set was brilliant, the sound was good, and I didn't get scabies. Despite all the "hard times coming down" it wasn't exactly all frowns and snarling armageddeon...

"Drink and be merry for tomorrow we may die..."

Not even my ridiculously short stature could keep me from grinning uncontrollably in the company of The Baron & Stig! I really need to work on my "serious" face. Special thanks to Caroline and the merch guy with the long hair and beard for graciously replacing my stolen shirts that night. Your trust restored my faith. No thanks to the anonymous fuckface backstage who walked off with my shirts when I went to get a beer. How low can a punk get? ARISE!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn I should have gone up there with you for that gig...

-Ryan